Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Drawings

Or are they paintings?

I've been itching to do something with watercolours recently, so the other day when it was super sunny I pulled them out and sat out in the back yard in the grass, doing little paintings. I quickly realized (as I do every time I try to paint) that realism is not my forte, and I am more of an abstractionist. So I just played with the colours. When I brought them inside I decided to trace all of the shades with black pen, because in my world almost everything looks better with a black border. I kind of like how they turned out. They remind me of maps of imaginary places. This one is my favourite.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the colours you have used, I am so jealous out in the sunshine painting : ) They look great.

Anonymous said...

wow! that's pretty rad!

ana said...

Wow, it's great! I wish I saw that painting yesterday.

Thank you again for yesterday's fun time and food.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. The block border really adds something unexpected to the medium.

Ange Friesen said...

Thanks lovelies!

Abby said...

this is really lovely, it would look so striking in a larger size hung on a wall.

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers