Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Midnight's Children


Midnight's Children
is the next book I have to read. I did a book trade, but not one where books were physically exchanged by anyone. A friend at the library agreed that he would read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay if I would read a book he suggested. He first said The Brothers Karamazov, but retreated after he saw the look on my face.

So I finally have a copy. We went on a tour of campus yesterday, and I held everyone up by buying the book. As we were leaving, I said: Never take me to a bookstore. Good advice, if you want to be anywhere else anytime soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The russian authors are not that bad, actually. Have you read Anna Karenina? It's one of my favourite books of all time! Doestoevsky is a little more...um...I don't know. Long? paranoid?

Yay! campus bookstore!

Ange Friesen said...

Yeah, I really should read those things... I've wanted to read Anna Karenina, but then I heard not so great things, so I let myself off the hook. But if you like it, I'll read it.

Anonymous said...

have you started? this is one of my favorite books EVER! enjoy the beautiful day :)

Ange Friesen said...

Erm. I was one of the people in class who did not raise their hand when you asked "Has anyone read a book for pleasure in the last month?"

I shock myself with the fact that I'm not reading.

So, in fact, I started it... I have not yet finished it. I'm going to restart it soon... December.

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers