Sunday, June 29, 2008

Looking for a few good books

So my book choices of late have left me a little wanting. They've all been good, just not slam-dam-super-tastic amazing. So here I am coming to you with my arms open, ready to embrace your FAVOURITE. With a capital everything. I'm looking for big, thick, meaty fiction, with wonderful characters and storylines and writing. A la: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, Middlesex... what else? You tell me.

I picked up Oscar and Lucinda by Peter Carey at the library yesterday. I think it might be great. I hope so. But it's summer and summer means reading (though every season means reading in my world). Please recommend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers