Thursday, June 12, 2008

Breakfast for Dinner and Dinner for Breakfast

Somewhere along the line my eating schedule got all wacky, and I seem to be craving inappropriate items at inappropriate times. Psych! Like I would think breakfast for dinner and visa versa was inappropriate. Murdering people = inappropriate (and much worse), most other things not involving violence = awesome!

A couple of nights ago I came home from work so tired. I was alone for the evening, and really, all I wanted was oatmeal. So I made it. I decided to make extra special oatmeal, with peaches and cream and brown sugar. So I did. I forgot that I don't like the acidity that comes along if you actually cook the peaches in with the oatmeal. It was alright (okay, it was still pretty delicious), but it's much tastier if you simply stir in the peaches once the oatmeal is in the bowl. Top with brown sugar. Let the sugar get all melty. Top with cream, or milk, or soymilk, or I guess nothing. (I remember my mum used to put orange juice on my oatmeal when we were out of milk. I don't recommend it... ) Yum.
Then, this morning, I was in the mood for salad. I made a delicious breakfast salad with fresh baby spinach, more chunks of fresh peach, toasted walnuts, and a creamy lemon dressing. I also had a spoonful of peanut butter for more protein.
Again! Yum!

1 comment:

ana said...

Oh I should learn how to make oatmeal tomorrow.

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers