Monday, May 19, 2008

War Dance

In our daily lives there must be music. In everything we do, if there's music, life becomes good.

This film made my heart simultaneously sad and glad. Children of Northern Uganada's war zone compete in their country's National music competition. They tell their stories in heartbreaking detail, and it was sometimes hard to take in, but for every painful story there is a moment of redemption in which they beam with joy. I felt my eyes first start welling up within six minutes, and often throughout, from both sadness and happiness. The documentary is beautifully photographed, the colours of the African landscape are glorious, and everything glows, even dust-covered faces.

It is a beautiful film.

4/5 stars.

No comments:

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers