Monday, May 19, 2008

Speaking of music



Thank you to anyone who has ever introduced me to new, amazing music. This morning it was someone I've never met, just read, Heather B. Armstrong from Dooce, with her recommendation of Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago. Said Heather: "If you're looking for something to help you heal, no matter what went wrong, go buy this album." I have a feeling I'm totally the last one on the boat when it comes to this record (hell, apparently even Grey's Anatomy got in on the act before I did), because I am so behind in the realm of "cool music" lately (I sit around listening to Paul Simon most of the time). This record is lovely and magical and plaintive and extraordinary. I love it.

No comments:

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers