Tuesday, July 22, 2008

whattorent.com

So I started googling (I love the word google as a verb) movie recommendation websites, and came up with whattorent.com. I enjoyed it because it opens with a kind of personality test of what kind of movie experiences you like. I lean more towards "drinking wine while watching depressing foreign films" or something like that, so the movies it has recommended that I haven't seen are: Chunking Express, Volver, Raging Bull, The Deer Hunter, Cradle Will Rock, The Five Obstructions, Citizen Kane, and Quills.

That said, I'm going to watch a comedy tonight. Tootsie. Somehow I've never seen it. Could be because I was about eleven months old when it was released.

6 comments:

Margo Lane said...

Tootsie! A movie I have somehow never seen either. Let me know how it goes. Also, Chungking Express..Wong Kar-wai. Typically his movies are pretty beautiful. Maybe not this one so much but Tony Leung is in it and he's a total babe.

Margo Lane said...

Ha, I just took the quiz and they recommended I rent Pi. I've already seen it. I wonder what that says about my personality.

Anonymous said...

i took the quiz!

i got chungking express and pi in my lists, too...as well as 8½, run lola run, the five obstructions, and la dolce vita.

looks like i've got some renting to do. i haven't seen any of those.

Ange Friesen said...

Tootsie was delightful!

ana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ana said...

Hey, how's your teeth?

I took the quiz - very interesting.
We can watch Volver on sat. (Volver was on my list too - will it be depressing?)

You can choose from Chunking Express, Raging Bull, The Deer Hunter, Citizen Kane: I watched them long time ago, but I don't mind seeing them again. I watched Chunking Express few times. I love it.

P.S. previous one was mine. :$

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers