Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dexter

What do you get when you have a psychopathic serial killer who only murders other serial killers? A creepily awesome (or is that awesomely creepy?) TV show.

I don't know why it's taken me so long to start watching this show. I've been looking forward to it for so long, and now, in the damp heat of the long awaited Vancouver summer, I've gotten started. I made the mistake of watching the first episode right before bed last night, totally creeping myself out, but today, when it was too hot to go out into the real world, I spent the afternoon watching episodes in bed with the fan on and the covers off. Alexandra told me a while ago that the show involves lots of awesome food shots. It makes me hungry. But then, you know, the murder scenes kind of curb my appetite. It's confusing. But I like it.

Watch the opening credits. They are so good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just the opening after all...but I feel like they really highlight Dexter's "carnal" appetite for food (always handing out donuts, etc) to make a comment on his other calculating "carnal" appetite. Have you seen the episode where he goes on a monologue about cuban pork sandwiches? Or talks about his favourite foods to eat while driving? (it may be the same one). It's actually a very smart show, especially the second season.

Ange Friesen said...

No, it's definitely not just the opening, just the opening does it so well. He is constantly eating. He talks about how "inhuman" he is, but then he looooves food, which I guess could go along with animal instinct. But no. He's human.

Anonymous said...

i only saw one episode of this show and i looooved it!

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers