Monday, October 5, 2009

Jim Henson



Jim Henson is very high up in my list of people I don't know personally but admire and love. Even though he's not alive anymore, I think he has left a legacy of awesome that will continue for a very long time.

I'm in the midst of planning my Montreal trip (T-minus four days and counting), so I've been checking out online links to Montrealy things. The Design*Sponge Montreal Design Guide led me to the Galerie & Boutique Headquarters blog, where I learned that September 25th was JHs birthday and was pointed to the Wikipedia entry on him, most specifically the section about his death and funeral - and warned that I would probably cry. And I did - but in the way that I usually cry, which is when I am reminded by how extremely kind people can be to one another, and how good, and how we can connect even when things are sad.

So: Be kind. Be good. Connect.

xo.

Also: Watch the Muppets Tribute to Jim Henson.

No comments:

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers