I was going to do a top 10, but I really haven't seen that many great movies that were released this year... I guess this is what grad school does to you. So, here is my top five:
5. Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Hilarious. Ridiculous. True.
4. WALL-E. Adorable. Touching. Robotful.
3. Rachel Getting Married. Wry. Lovely. Layered.
2. Slumdog Millionaire. Visceral. Harsh. Gorgeous.
1. Iron Man. I said it then: "I think this is going to be my favourite movie of the year." And it is. Batman did not even come close. And I love Batman (apparently not enough to put it in my top five list, however). Exhilerating. Funny. Awesome.
And there are still so many great movies I want to see, that could have been on my list if I had seen them earlier! Milk! Man on Wire! Young @ Heart! Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay! Pineapple Express! And more! I love movies.