Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top Movies of 2008

I was going to do a top 10, but I really haven't seen that many great movies that were released this year... I guess this is what grad school does to you. So, here is my top five:

5. Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Hilarious. Ridiculous. True.

4. WALL-E. Adorable. Touching. Robotful.

3. Rachel Getting Married. Wry. Lovely. Layered.

2. Slumdog Millionaire. Visceral. Harsh. Gorgeous.

1. Iron Man. I said it then: "I think this is going to be my favourite movie of the year." And it is. Batman did not even come close. And I love Batman (apparently not enough to put it in my top five list, however). Exhilerating. Funny. Awesome.
And there are still so many great movies I want to see, that could have been on my list if I had seen them earlier! Milk! Man on Wire! Young @ Heart! Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay! Pineapple Express! And more! I love movies.

3 comments:

Margo Lane said...

Me, John and Tara went to the movies tonight to see The Curious Case of Benjamen Button but it was sold out. Instead we saw Yes Man. I think we got ripped off. It had the odd funny I guess.

I so agree with Rachel Getting Married being in your top... I really, really loved that movie.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I love how eclectic your list is!

Rachel Getting Married was unbelievable. I cried at that film more than any other this year.

Highly recommend Man on Wire, it's one of the best of the year.

Ange Friesen said...

Amanda: Yes men = maybe. I saw Milk today. It was pretty great.

Shannon: Thanks. Me too with Rachel Getting Married. And Man on Wire is my next pick. I tried to watch it on the last flight I took, but it was only available on international flights. I was sad.

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers