Thursday, December 18, 2008

Slumdog Millionaire


I looked at some clips and the trailer on youtube, with thoughts of posting something, but I don't want to ruin a single glorious moment of this film. Just go. I was embedded in this film from the very first frames - my response was immediate and visceral.

Slumdog Millionaire
tells the story of Jamal, a "slumdog" in Mumbai who somehow manages to make his way to the final question in the Indian "Who Wants to be a Millionaire". It is about the ways people take care of and ruin each other, but at heart it is a love story. Still, be aware of the fact that while it is an absolutely exhilarating and satisfying film, there are many very painful, very harsh moments. I don't know why these surprised me, but they did, so be ready to feel and react.

My favourite movie since Iron Man. This is one to go see in theatres. Now.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I have heard a lot of good things about this movie, maybe I will try to get my family to go see it with me over the holidays.

Ange Friesen said...

Abby - do!

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers