Saturday, January 15, 2011

Moments

Yesterday, on the subway home, there were two Russian women, and for a few minutes I wondered whether they were engaged in some kind of subtle performance. Art. (that is how I typed that, instead of performance art - I'm leaving it in case it's meaningful) They had big bouffants held up with rhinestone covered clips, and they were both wearing fur coats. One of the women carried a large leather Betty Boop purse, also covered in rhinestones, and the other held a snakeskin bag. They were wonderful.

I've cheated, a little bit. Usually it's by accident - I'll be engaged in some kind of sanctioned googling (how to make calamari) and realize after a couple of moments that I've been sidetracked by someone's blog or article. Whoops. But yesterday, it was kind of... on purpose.

I've been thinking a lot about meditation, and so I've found a few guided meditations for falling asleep online (this feels like it should be allowed, so I'm allowing it. As long as I don't sit there listening to guided meditations from the time I get home to the time I fall asleep). The other day I came across this woman talking about meditating for pineal gland activation, and she linked to the 2012 Enigma by David Wilcock, and I just couldn't stop myself from going and watching the video last night. All 90 some-odd minutes of it. It's all about time travel and what's going to happen in 2012 and aliens and Egypt and Stargate and and and. I love conspiracy theories. Yes it's ridiculous and no I'm not committed to believing any of it, but it's so fun to think about.

And watching it gave me some ideas for a project I've been thinking about, so now the key is to go make them into something. 

Today I'm meeting Sally at the coffee shop for a study date. It's snowing out.

No comments:

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers