Saturday, May 30, 2009

On asparagus and shrimp sandwiches: they are delicious


Two pieces of bread (any kind you think is delicious. I used multigrain flax bread, it was nice)


Shrimp (the little kind that you buy cooked at the deli - in the UK, strangely enough, these are called prawns), enough to mound on a piece of bread... half a cup? - mixed together with a spoonful of mayonnaise, a smaller spoonful of dijon, and some salt and pepper


Asparagus, steamed for a few minutes until it is bright green and you can stick a fork into it easily


Mayonnaise that you spread on the piece of bread that the asparagus is going on (optional)



Put all of this together and it equals an amazing, simple, summery lunch.

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers