Saturday, February 7, 2009

When you live somewhere with winter for the first time

I am having wintertime firsts, and it is so exciting. The snow, today, was different than any other snow I have been in. Walking across the snow, it started to crack under my feet. The top layer was brittle, and it shifted and crunched down in big pieces as I shifted my weight. It felt like walking on top of a giant pie. I reached down and picked up a disk of the top layer of ice/snow, and tossed it like a frisbee. Luckily I didn't hit anyone.

It was cool. I feel about five.

2 comments:

Saf said...

I know! The snow is so weird right now! I can't remember if there's always a time when it is like this or if it's unusual.

Also, "walking on top of a giant pie" is possibly the best way to describe it.

Ange Friesen said...

I hope it's always like this!

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers