Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sex and the City: THE MOVIE!

Woo hoo times with Alicia today. We've been trying to see this for what feels like forever. Overall an enjoyable experience, though not nearly as tightly written or made as the TV show.

Things I hated:
Carrie's assistant "St. Louise from St. Louis".
The potty humour (wtf? Who wrote this movie, frat boys?).
The ridiculous brand whoring.
Samantha's whole storyline.

Things I liked:
Charlotte! She stole this movie in awesomeness.
Carrie and Big's apartment.
The bridge scene.
Carrie's weird bluebird hairpiece.
Carrie with brown hair.

Question, though: Where was the wit? Where were the themes running through all the storylines?

In the TV show vs. the movie bout, TV wins!

2.5/5 stars.

Okay, edit... Maybe 3/5 stars...

No comments:

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers