Monday, July 19, 2010

The Decemberists performing Crazy on You.



A friend of mine sent me a link to this video with the comment that the girl on the left reminded him an awful lot of me. This is a giant compliment, as she is adorable and obviously awesome. Apparently it's Shara Worden, who sang the role of the Queen on the Decemberists' The Hazards of Love. I didn't go see them when they toured for that album, and I'm still a bit sad about it. This video of her singing the Queen's Rebuke just reminds me, but it is so good that it's worth the pain.

Also, I want her haircut. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's amazing. I love her haircut, too.

Anonymous said...

i see the resemblance.

Nowadays, whenever i hear Heart, all I can think of is the Virgin Suicides. There's a fashion-film for you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSRmWTeSDng

Ange Friesen said...

Carmen: Right?

mitchellirons: I think it's as much about the way I move and engage with things as it is about the way we look.

Also: I really didn't love the Virgin Suicides the first time I saw it. I think maybe it's time to watch it again from a more mature perspective. LOOOVED the book though.

Anonymous said...

"Obviously, Doctor, you don't know what it means to be a thirteen year-old girl."

The Pineapples and I talk about this text/film/soundtrack a lot. I think Eugenides (and Coppola) both play with meaning and perspective as it is affected by sex, and well, sex, when you're a teenager. The boys see things so differently from the girls.. anyway.

L-A said...

I read Virgin Suicide after seeing the movie and I remember thinking that Sofia Coppola must have effing loved that book, because she was really true to the mood.

Also, that quote from mitchell = my favourite from the movie.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers