Thursday, August 26, 2010

When people say nice things about you

My most recent (wonderful) boss recently had to fill out a reference form when I was interviewing for a job. He wrote: 

Ange is best suited for an occupation which enables her to encounter and engage with an incredible amount of information, which she can then share in creative and helpful ways with others which help them to discover something new about themselves and the world in which they live. 

The job I was interviewing for would not have been the job that he was describing, and his words made me feel completely comfortable with the choice I made that it was decidedly not the job for me. I loved that he could see this in me. Thanks to him I now I have a very clearly expressed objective: that job. I'm looking forward to it.

6 comments:

alicia said...

that also describes my teaching!

Ange Friesen said...

Alicia: Totally! So cool.

Lara said...

I love this.

Ange Friesen said...

Lara: Isn't it lovely?

Anonymous said...

Top site, I hadn't come across thenewisthetrue.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
Carry on the great work!

Ana said...

This is lovely. And after reading this, I miss you a bit more.

Contact

Email me at thenewisthetrue (at) gmail .com
My photo
Toronto, Canada
I think I might be addicted to books. And noodles. I need the ocean. I want to know everything. Almost. I love love. And loving things. Like love. And like.

Followers